Have you ever wanted to sew your own hair accessories, but don’t have a sewing machine? We know we have!
To address this need, we have worked with our program partner, HHA Cambodia, to create a DIY Scrunchies Kit which is exclusively available from Hope on Purpose!
These kits have been pre-sewn and prepared by graduates from HHA Cambodia’s sewing program, so you won’t need a sewing machine to make your scrunchies! Your purchase of our DIY Scrunchies Kits helps these graduates earn a livelihood, with the proceeds supporting community development programs.
How To Make Your Scrunchies
The instructions to create your own scrunchies are below:
- Place a safety pin through the top of a piece of elastic. Thread the safety pin and elastic through one opening of the fabric and out the other, whilst securely holding the unpinned end.
- Once the elastic has been pulled through the opening, pin both ends together with the safety pin and scrunch the fabric (which is now in a circle) so it looks like a scrunchie.
- Thread a needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread. Remove the safety pin from the elastic, then sew both ends of the elastic together.
- Bring the two open ends of the fabric together and sew them together with the stitch you feel most comfortable using (we like to use an invisible stitch).
- Tie off the stitch and your scrunchie is ready to wear!
Where To Buy Our Kits
Our DIY Scrunchies Kits are just $9.99 and include everything you need to make two scrunchies:
- Partially-sewn fabric
- Safety pin
We only have a small number of kits available, so get in quick!